A Circular saw is a wonderful tool for woodworking jobs. They are so useful and you will make out there a different variety of cuts. But, when the question is how does anyone perfectly cut straight with this saw? The answer is, you can’t easily make accurate cuts without using a circular saw guide rail. That’s why a circular saw guide rail comes to help you with all kinds of woodworking tasks.
Today’s we will discuss the purposes and flaws of circular saw guide rails as well as buying guides. We will also review our top circular saw guide rail that will satisfy all of your needs. Let’s take a broad insight into it.
Benefits of Using Circular Saw Guide Rail:
As the name reflects, a circular saw guide rail is installed for you to be able to make ultra-precise cuts easily. It works especially when you want your material to straight cut. In this section, we will broadly discuss the different advantages of using a guide rail.
Advantages of Circular Saw Guide Rail:
- Accurate cuts: You can easily make mistakes at the moment of material cutting. Even when you have a lot of experience in the use of circular saws. Whenever you want to make accurate cuts with your circular saw, then you must need a guide rail. This guide rail will protect you from mistakes at the moment of material cutting. The accuracy of the cut is the most important advantage of using a guide rail.
- Prevent Splinters: Accuracy of cut will be the main reason to buy a circular saw guide rail. But, hopefully, there are other benefits as well. For example, a guide rail will help you to prevent splinters as well as tears on the material. This is especially apparent whenever you are cutting the edges of the material. However, this isn’t as important as accuracy, but this feature will work for many users.
- Worksurface Maintaining: Finally, the circular saw guide rail will help you to look at your work surfaces pristine. It’s because the base of the circular saw will never scratch on the work surface. Maybe this isn’t a major issue for many people, but it is still an advantage at all.
Disadvantages of Circular Saw Guide Rail:
Circular saw guide rail comes to help you to make accurate cuts. But, it has a few flaws at the end of the day. Here we mention some disadvantages to it.
- Extra Equipment: Circular saw guide rail is an additional piece of equipment. You have to carry and maintain along with your circular saw.
- Extra Cost: Although circular saw guide rail wasn’t extremely expensive, it expenses an extra of the amount of cost.
- Time to Set Up: As we mentioned before, it’s an extra adjustment. So, you must have to spend some time setting it up.
Whether you’re a beginner or professional woodworker, you can get benefit from using a circular saw guide rail. Hopefully, there are many circular saw guide rail available. So you have a lot of options out of the market.
But, when the question is which circular saw guide rail will satisfy all of your needs? Below, we’ll review one of the most universal circular saw guide rails.
Best Circular Saw Guide Rail Review:
Our recommended best guide rails for your circular saw is the Kreg KMA2700.
Which makes this guide rail different from others? Let’s take a review of it.
Firstly, this circular saw guide rail has universal compatibility. It’s one of the most versatile guide rails that accepts almost all circular saws. That allows you to turn your regular saw into precision cutting equipment. This helps you to make accurate cuts with your circular saw. It’s capable of cross cuts, rip cuts as well as angled cuts up to 48 inches long wood.
Aluminum is lightweight as well as cheap when it’s come to construction. This guide rail is designed with lightweight but durable aluminum materials. It’s lightweight 5.05 pounds the aluminum body makes it more portable. So, you can easily carry this circular saw guide rail in your workplace.
All amazing accuracy along with durability but very simple set to up. It’s designed to make a very simple setup aligning only the track with your cut line.
Furthermore, it’s an anti-slip coating work to prevent slipping where anti-chip prevent the splintered cuts.
When it’s a battle between the beginners and professionals, the winner is Kreg KMA2700. Why? The circular saw guide rail rapidly delivered the difficult task. That makes it more productive for expert users. On the other hand, it manually guides the saw to cut a straight line. So, it’s also perfect for less-experienced users.
Altogether, this is one of the most versatile track saws from the reputed Kreg brand. It’s easy for beginning users but strong enough for experts.
- Most accepted universal circular saw plate.
- Anti-slip/anti-chip hold the track in place.
- Starting block guide the blade guard operation.
- Simple to set up and rapid to reinstall.
- Accurate: Simply make accurate cuts align with the guide track of your marks.
- Versatile: Make a crosscut, rip cut, and angle cut up to 48-inch long in the wood panel.
- Precise: Anti-slip/anti-chip strips keep the track in place as well as prevent splintering.
- Portable: Carry your circular saw to the materials rather than carry your material to the saw.
- Easy to Use: Regular blade guide operation as well as every cut aligns.
- Cut length: This circular saw guide rail maximum works within a 48-inch cut of length. Some users assume that this is a limiting factor. Otherwise, it’s excellent equipment.
- Poor warranty: This circular saw guide rail comes only with three months warranty. Some customers aren’t satisfied with these 90 days warranties.
Kreg KMA2700 Overview
|Material||Durable aluminum construction.|
|Weight||All-around 5.05 pounds of weight.|
|Cut Capacity||Max. 48-inch cutting capacity.|
|Competent||Supports both handed circular saws.|
|Price||Check Latest Price|
Best Circular Saw Guide Rail Buying Guide:
You should consider some features to make a worthy investment. Below we will discuss what features you should look for before buying.
Size: First thing you should take into consideration the size of your guide rail. Always remember that you must have to buy a guide rail that has enough length for your jobs. The 36-50-inches length is the most common size available in the market.
Material: When you are searching for the best circular saw guide rail, then you must have to consider the materials of construction. Our suggestion is to use the steel or aluminum types guide rail.
Hopefully, most reputed brands are used in steel or aluminum material. Steel is superb for heavy operation but they are heavy. Alternatively aluminum is less expensive as well as lightweight.
Rubber Grip & Splinter Shield
We always suggest buying a circular saw guide rail with foam rubber. This foam will prevent you from all sorts of slipping when you’re trying to cut any material. Again, the splinter shield has an excellent coating of lubricants.
It will also help to prevent splintering.
Hopefully, our discussion will give you a broad idea about the application of a circular saw guide rail. Whether you’re a beginner or professional woodworker, you can get benefit from using the best circular saw guide rail.