Husqvarna is a well-known brand for producing high-quality chainsaws, and the 562XP model is no exception. However, like any machine, it can experience problems from time to time.
Some of the reported problems are the chainsaw doesn’t start, issues with the air filter as well as ignition, a flooded engine, etc.
In this article, I’ll delve into the top 6 Husqvarna 562XP problems and explore potential solutions.
In a later section of this article, I’ll discuss a few tips on how to avoid problems with your 562XP and keep it running smoothly.
Husqvarna 562XP Problems and Fixes: A Quick Table
Let’s take a short glance at the top problems and their solutions.
|Husqvarna 562XP Problems||Quick Fixes|
|Difficulty starting||Cool down the chainsaw.|
|Inefficient performance||Clean up the air filter.|
|Flooding engine||Start the machine without over-choking.|
|Poor running||Change the oil, piston along with cylinder.|
|Oil pump issues||Clean the machine, empty the reservoir, and put in new oil.|
|Faulty ignition||Replace damaged spark plugs|
Comprehensive Discussion on the 562XP Problems and Fixes
You’ll get a broad idea of how the problems occur in 562XP and the solution below. So, let’s get started.
Problem 1: Starting Issues
The trouble with getting your 562xp chainsaw started is a common issue and it mostly happens when the chainsaw has gotten too hot. It’s obvious that the engine won’t start right away if the temperature is intense since it’s gas-powered.
That’s why the manufacturer recommends keeping the temperature below 86°F or 30°C to avoid any Husqvarna 562xp starting problems.
How To Fix:
- The first and only effective solution is to let your chainsaw cool for 15 minutes.
- Try to take brake while working, if the weather is too humid.
Problem 2: Air Filter Issues
A lot of Husqvarna 562xp chainsaw users have complained that it doesn’t run as smoothly as it used to. Well, it might be because of a dirty air filter. Look, a clean air filter can make a big difference in how your chainsaw performs.
Over time, the air filter becomes clogged with dust, which can reduce its efficiency. This impacts the overall performance of the chainsaw, as the engine might not be getting the clean air it needs to run at its best.
How To Fix:
- Use a grease gun to apply grease to the slot and a black plastic carb boot.
- Also, you can use blue RTV silicone to seal air filter halves. Sealing filter halves helps ensure nothing gets past the filter.
- After running the filter for a couple of weeks, rub it outside with a toothbrush
- Then, put apart halves, clean off the old RTV, and wash in warm soapy water.
- Finally, it’d be best if you make a habit of changing the air filter regularly.
Problem 3: Flooding Issues
Flooding means that there’s too much fuel in the engine for it to start properly and it’s a common issue. The spark plug needs a mixture of air and fuel to ignite, so if there’s just pure fuel in the engine, it won’t be able to run.
One of the main causes of flooding in a chainsaw is over-choking. This happens when you turn on the choke and try to start the chainsaw at the same time. The extra fuel can flood the engine and prevent it from starting.
How To Fix:
- Hold down the chainsaw with your knee.
- Then, set the chain brake on and put it in the run position, not the choke position.
- Now, hold the trigger wide open, as if it’s running at full speed.
- Start yanking. Hopefully, it won’t take you that many pulls to get your chainsaw going.
Problem 4: Poor Running
Another issue that often arises when operating 562XP is that it doesn’t run and function smoothly. Now, that happens when you don’t change the machine oil regularly which in result damage the pistons of your 562XP.
How To Fix:
- You can fix the issue by changing the machine oil right away.
- If changing the oil doesn’t make things better, change the piston as well as the cylinder.
Problem 5: Oil Pump Issues
Many users experience issues with oiling in Husqvarna 562xp chainsaw after prolonged use. This issue is often caused by not changing the machine oil frequently enough, especially if you’re using the chainsaw for several hours per day.
How To Fix:
- Clean up any dirt or debris from the machine’s components.
- Open the reservoir, and hold the chainsaw downside for several minutes to flush out old fuel.
- Now fill the reservoir chainsaw with fresh gas and shake it to ensure that the fresh oil gets to all the essential areas.
- Start the machine slowly, and then leave it running for about 20 to 30 minutes at a low pace.
- The machine is now ready for full-throttle utilization.
Problem 6: Ignition Issue
If your Husqvarna 562xp chainsaw is showing an ignition issue, it’s most probably because the porcelain insulator of the spark plug is damaged. To fix this, you’ll need
How To Fix:
- Replace the spark plug.
- Just make sure to swap it out with a new one every few seasons to keep your machine running smoothly and avoid any accidents or fires.
Few Tips to Avoid Husqvarna 562XP Problems
Here are some tips for maintaining and using your Husqvarna 562xp chainsaw:
- Warm up the machine
Disengage the brake and pull the choke towards you. Press the air-purge button on the handle about 5 to 6 times, and then pull the cord to start the chainsaw. This will help the machine warm up sufficiently and prevent issues.
- Clean the chainsaw after use
Completely clean up all the inside crevices and nooks to stop polluted machine oil from harming the inner mechanism
- Sharpen the cutting edges
Your chainsaw’s motor might soon degrade if you use a dull trimming tool. Use a metal tool to refine the edges or have the trimming tool polished at a repair shop.
- Use fresh gas
If you haven’t added gasoline stabilizers, avoid utilizing gas that has been sitting in the fuel tank for more than 30 days.
Overall, proper maintenance and usage of your Husqvarna 562xp chainsaw will help ensure it runs smoothly and lasts for a long time.
Can I autotune husqvarna 562XP at home?
No, you can’t perform husqvarna 562xp autotune reset at home. Unfortunately, this isn’t something that can be done at home. Instead, you’ll need to take the machine to a professional chainsaw mechanic or a Husqvarna repair workshop to have the autotune reset performed.
How do I calibrate my 562XP chainsaw?
To calibrate a Husqvarna 562XP chainsaw, you should begin sawing immediately after starting it from a cold state. Continue sawing for about 2 minutes. In most cases, the chainsaw will perform the autotune reset process on its own.
What size chain does a Husqvarna 562xp take?
The Husqvarna 562 XP takes a 20-inch long 3/8-pitch with a 0.050″ Gauge chain.
The Husqvarna 562xp is a top-rated chainsaw, but that doesn’t mean it’s immune to issues. However, don’t allow the possible problems to scare you off though, proper maintenance and care can go a long way in preventing them.
And if you do run into any Husqvarna 562XP problems, make sure to follow this article. Also, the user manual can be a helpful resource or you can reach out to the dealer or retailer for support.